Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
Pre and Post Care
PRECARE INSTRUCTIONS: TO PREPARE FOR THE BLOOD DRAW ASSOCIATED WITH PRP THERAPY
- PRP therapy is very safe because cells from the patient’s own blood are used, which means there are no preservatives and no chance of the body rejecting the cells.
The primary risks and discomforts are related to the blood draw where there is a slight pinch to insert the needle for collection and there is a potential for bruising at the site.
- For optimal results and to decrease the chance of bruising at the draw site, please avoid all blood thinning medications and herbal supplements for 1 week prior to your appointment. Avoid taking Aspirin and non- Steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) such as such as Ibuprofen, Motrin and Aleve. In addition, very high doses of some Vitamins and supplements can thin your blood and increase the chance of bruising. Please notify your provider if you are taking Coumadin, Plavix, or any other blood thinners for a medical condition.
- During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any changes to your medical history, health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
Post Care For Injected PRP
WITH VAMPIRE FACELIFT®
What to Expect After Treatment:
Immediately following the procedure, the most commonly reported temporary side effects are redness, swelling, bruising, tenderness, tingling, numbness, lumpiness, and/or a feeling of pressure or fullness at the injection sites and/or in the treated area(s). Cold gel packs/ice may be gently applied immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
To Avoid Bruising: Avoid alcohol consumption for a minimum of 6 hours and refrain from taking blood thinners such as Aspirin and NSAIDS for several days. Tylenol is recommended if needed for discomfort.
To Maximize Results and Prevent Complications:
- Avoid touching or scrubbing at the injection sites for 24 hours after treatment.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated and avoid scrubbing the treated area for 2 weeks.
- Avoid direct high heat (blow dryer, sun exposure, sauna, steam room, very hot shower,hot yoga,strenuous exercise, etc.)for 24 hours after treatment.
- Makeup may be applied immediately after the treatment if desired.
- No Facials, Facial Massages, or Laser Treatments for 2 Weeks Afterward. Most facials, chemical peels,laser, and light treatments may be done immediately Prior to the treatment but not for 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Botox® may be injected immediately before or after
- Combination Therapy for Optimal Results: PRP Therapy stimulates your skin to grow new, younger tissue however; it does not prevent muscle movement or resurface the skin. Most patients see best results when combining their PRP treatments with other anti-aging procedures such as Botox®, HA Filler, PDO threads and etc.
- Follow up Appointment: Most patients see improvement w ithin 2-4 weeks with continued improvement for up to 12 weeks. If the desired level of correction has not been reached within 4-12 weeks then we recommend repeating the procedure at 4-12 week intervals until you achieve the result you desire.
The results of this treatment can last up to 2 years, but results vary and research documenting the longevity of results is ongoing.
Maintenance treatments are recommended every 6-12 months.
POST CARE FOR TOPICAL APPLICATION OF PRP WITH VAMPIRE FACIAL®
To Maximize Results:
For a minimum of 5 hours after the PRP has been applied to your skin, do NOT: Wash your skin, expose the treated area to direct high heat, or engage in activities that will get the skin wet or cause you to sweat (blow dryer, sun exposure, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, very hot shower, hot yoga, strenuous exercise,etc.)
For best results and efficacy: We recommend a series of 3-6 treatments administered at 2-4 week intervals.