PRE – AND POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR FACIAL
Medical Facials treat a variety of skin conditions such as sun damage, wrinkles, acne and general aging. Increased cell turnover and collagen stimulation can be seen resulting in a smoother, brighter and more youthful and healthy appearance.
Pre – treatment:
- Discontinue the use of topical medications or products that may be irritating to the skin, such as scrubs, retinols and acne products, 1 week prior to treatment.
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis to area being treated 5-7 days prior
- No shaving the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there is dense hair present in the treatment area, closely shave the area the day before you arrive to your appointment. Moles, warts or actinic (solar) keratosis cannot be treated
- If you are prone to cold sores, take antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment. Call office for prescription 224-432-5803 Glenview, 312-638-4979 Chicago
- If you have a history of perioral herpes simplex virus, we may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex. If so, follow the directions for your prescription.
- Avoid treatment with injectable neurotoxins (Botox and Dysport) immediately preceding your Medical Facial. Treatment with injectable neurotoxins immediately afterwards is ok.
- There is usually no downtime is associated with Medical Facials, and treatments can be repeated as often as necessary to keep skin looking fresh. Although rare, there is a possibility that skin will be red, itchy and/or irritated.
- Post treatment skin care at home is very important. We recommend Potetion Skincare and will recommend appropriate products for your skin type and concerns.
- Please call your provider with any questions or concerns you may have. 224-432-5803 Glenview, 312-638-4979 Chicago