POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR DERMAL FILLER
To ensure optimal treatment results it is important the you read this carefully. Your signature below indicating that you have read these instructions in their entirety and that you fully understand the need to notify our office immediately if you are experiencing any adverse effects or abnormalities not listed below.
- Immediately after a dermal filler injection session, redness, swelling, and/or bruising may appear in the treatment area. To reduce the risk of edema and/or bruising after injection, an ice pack wrapped in cloth (avoid any direct contact of the ice with the skin) is applied to the treated areas.
- It may take a minimum of 3-6 weeks for treatment results to settle.
- Minor bruising and swelling is normal and to be expected.
- Lumps and/or bumps may temporarily occur at or along treatment site(s). These will resolve with time and are seldom a cause for concern.
- Minor pain at injection site is normal and to be expected. Pain may last up to a week post treatment.
- Asymmetry and irregularity of tissue treated is common post treatment and usually resolves itself.
- Within the first 24 hours, an ice pack wrapped in cloth (avoiding any direct contact of the ice with the skin) can be applied to the treatment area to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Dermal filler may cause redness, swelling, or bruising when first injected into the skin, typically resolving in hours to one week. Hematoma may also occur, typically resolving in hours to about two weeks. Worsening or prolonged symptoms or signs should be reported to the health care provider. The original skin depression may initially reappear, but the depression should gradually improve within several weeks as the dermal filler settles.
- The health care provider will assess the need for additional dermal filler injection sessions after at least in 2-4 weeks.
- Aesthetic make-up may be applied 24 hours post-treatment if no complications are present.
- Exposure of the treated area to sun and UV lamp exposure and extreme temperatures are to be avoided until any initial swelling and redness has resolved. Patients should be informed about appropriate sunscreen protection according to the physician’s advice.
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Diligently follow your practitioner’s instructions with use of antihistamines if you are prone to seasonal allergies.
- If you experience sever weather or dramatic atmospheric pressure changes in your geographic location, you may experience greater than normal swelling or complications.
- To avoid additional swelling, sleep with head elevated for 2-3 days post treatment.
- Avoid washing your face for 12 hours following treatment.
Constact us if you:
1. Experience increased redness, swelling or pain at injection site.
2. Have one or more threads begin to extrude.
3. Have additional questions or concerns regarding your treatment/treatment follow-up.