PRE – AND POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR COOLTONE™
The CoolTone® device is FDA-cleared for improvement of abdominal tone, strengthening of the abdominal muscles, and development for firmer abdomen. CoolTone® is also FDA-cleared for strengthening, toning, and firming of buttocks and thighs.
Important Safety Information
- The CoolTone® procedure is not for everyone. You should not have the CoolTone® treatment in areas with metal, electrical, or electronic implants/devices like cardiac pacemakers, implanted hearing devices, implanted defibrillators, implanted neurostimulators, drug pumps, or hearing aids.
- Tell your provider if you have any medical conditions as CoolTone® should not be used over a menstruating uterus, over areas of the skin that lack normal sensation, in patients with fever, malignant tumor, hemorrhagic conditions, epilepsy, recent surgical procedure, pulmonary insufficiency, or pregnancy.
- CoolTone® should be used with caution in patients with Graves’ disease (an autoimmune disorder that causes overactive thyroid), active bleeding disorders, or seizure disorders.
- Women who are close to menstruation may find that it comes sooner, or cramping is increased or intensified with CoolTone® treatments, therefore, it is recommended to not undergo treatment during this time of the month.
- CoolTone® should not be used in the heart or head areas, areas of new bone growth, over the carotid sinus nerves, or over the neck or mouth. CoolTone® should not be applied over swollen, infected, inflamed areas or skin eruptions. Caution should be used for patients with suspected or diagnosed heart problems.
- Common side effects may include, but may not be limited to, muscular pain, temporary muscle spasm, temporary joint or tendon pain, and redness at or near the treatment site.
- It is suggested to wear thin clothing, such as a tank top or leggings, that is free from any metal (NOTE: Some yoga pants may contain metal mesh fibers. If they are labeled as antimicrobial, then they may contain silver)
- Remove all metallic accessories such as jewelry, clothes with metallic buttons/threads, and electronic devices prior to treatment.
- Typically, there is minimal discomfort and recovery time after the CoolTone® procedure. Most clients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
Many clients have minimal discomfort following the procedure; however, you may experience one or more of the following sensations:
- Muscular pain
- Temporary muscle spasm
- Temporary joint or tendon pain
- Local erythema or skin redness
- Subsequent treatments are typically 2-4 days apart over 2 weeks. Typically, visible results are observed approximately 4 weeks after the last treatment, however, you will likely feel the difference earlier than that.