PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR VI PEEL
- Avoid microneedling 2-4 weeks before VI Peel
- Avoid sun exposure 1 week before VI Peel
- Avoid waxing, threading, or depilatory creams for 10-14 days before VI Peel
- Avoid electrolysis and laser treatments for 7 days before VI Peel
- Avoid using a Retin-a 3 days before VI Peel
- Immediately following the peel, skin may look light yellow, red, or tan. This is due to the Retinoic Acid included in the formulation. It is temporary until washed.
- Please wash your skin after 4 hours (DO NOT USE HOT WATER). You may apply a thin layer or post peel protectant (moisturizer included) as needed. If post peel protectant burns you can substitute a thin layer of aquaphor. Apply the SPF if it is daylight.
- One hour before bed, wash your face with a mild cleanser (DO NOT USE HOT WATER), dry well and apply one of the post peel towelettes to the peeled areas. If you experience extreme itchiness or irritation, wash with cool water.
- Cleanse skin with a mild cleanser and gently pat dry (DO NOT USE HOT WATER).
- Continue to apply a light layer of the post peel protectant 2-4 times per day as needed. Apply SPF after every application during daylight hours.
- One hour before bed, wash your face with a mild cleanser (DO NOT USE HOT WATER), dry well and apply one of the post peel towelettes to the peeled areas.
- If you experience extreme itchiness or irritation, wash with cool water.
- You will start the peeling process by seeing a slight sloughing of the skin. Refrain from picking or pulling at the skin during this process.
- Makeup may be applied day 5.
- Continue to treat the skin gently and do not scrub.
- Resume any topical prescriptions (Retin A, Renova, etc.) when skin feels back to normal (around day 8 and beyond).
– Do not put the face directly into a hot shower until at least 7 days post procedure.
– Do not use a steam room, jacuzzi, or sauna until at least 7 days post procedure.
– Do not go swimming until at least 7 days post procedure.
– Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration until at least 7 days post procedure (excessive perspiration early in treatment could cause blistering).
– Do not use mechanical exfoliation (loofah or facial machine brush) until at least 10-14 days post procedure.
VI Peel Patient Kit:
- Post peel instructions
- 1 fl oz. Post Peel Protectant
- 1 fl oz. Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- 4 mL Cleanser Packettes (2)
- VI Peel Post-Peel Towelettes (3)