- History of active diseases that impair the immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS, HIVS, Herpes, etc.
- History of presence raised moles, warts, or lesions on treatment area.
- Possibly history eczema, psoriasis, or other chronic conditions.
- Collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities.
- Current history of Rosacea and blood-clotting diseases.
- Active bacterial or fungal infection.
- Scars less than six months old.
- You are not a good candidate if you are now pregnant, think you might be pregnant, or are trying to become pregnant.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Waxing must be avoided one week prior to and after a MicroGold treatment.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Avoid abrasive scrubs or other exfoliating products three days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an antiviral medication prior to treatment.
- It is not recommended to apply makeup for at least 6 hours after treatment.
- Wait at least 6 hours before washing your face. Wash the treated area gently with a gentle cleanser, and apply moisturizer after. It is possible to resume your daily skin routine the next day.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated slightly to reduce swelling.
- Redness is common and to be expected. It will subside after one to two hours.
- Sun exposure must be avoided or kept to a minimum at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Always wear your sunscreen; apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 every morning.
- Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals, or products on the treated areas for a few days.
- Avoid exercising, heat, steam, or saunas for at least 24 hours.
Call us now for a consultation and assessment.
WE CAN DESIGN THE TREATMENT PLAN RIGHT FOR YOU!
** these procedures results may vary per client **