- Patients with electrical devices such as the following: pacemakers, metal implants, artificial metal hip joints, heart valves, or dental plates cannot be treated as the radio frequency may interfere with these devices.
- Current history of skin cancer or any other type of cancer.
- Current history of premalignant moles or cardiac diseases.
- History of diseases that may be stimulated by wavelengths or light such as the following: lupus erythematosus, porphyria, and epilepsy.
- History of diseases that may be stimulated by heat, such as recurrent herpes.
- History of diseases that impair the immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS, HIVS, Herpes, etc.
- Excessively tanned skin from the sun, tanning lotions, or tanning beds within the last 2 to 4 weeks may interfere with the treatment.
- Any active skin conditions on treatment area such as the following: sores, psoriasis, eczema, and/or rashes. Tattoos or permanent makeup over the treatment area may impair results as well.
- History of skin disorders such as keloids, abnormal wound healing, or medically diagnosed fragile skin.
- Use of medications that are known to induce photosensitivity to light and wavelengths such as Retin-A, Isotretinoin (Accutane), Tetracyclines, or St John’s wort.
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last 6 months that are not completed healed.
- If you are now pregnant, think you might be pregnant, or are trying to become pregnant.
- Avoid excessive Alcohol, Aspirin, NSAIDS, Fish Oils, Vitamin E, Retin A, Retinols, Vitamin A at least 24 hours prior to your treatment day.
- Stop using topical retinoids 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, tanning beds, or tanning lotions 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an antiviral medication prior to treatment.
- Redness is to be expected and will subside after. If needed, apply a cold compression to treated area.
- Do not exercise and avoid physical activity for 48 hours.
- Avoid heat and steam for 72 hours.
- Men must avoid shaving treatment area for 48 hours.
- Avoid applying makeup for 36-48 hours on treatment area.
Call us now for a consultation and assessment.
WE CAN DESIGN THE TREATMENT PLAN RIGHT FOR YOU!
** these procedures results may vary per client **